June 30th Is the Deadline for Applications for the 2015-2016 School Year
Immediately after the Shout Out, a Need in Deed program manager received an email from one of the Outstanding Teachers that summed up why NID does what it does, and why you might want to be a part of it. It read:
I have never received such an acknowledgement … I have no words to tell you how wonderful this has made me feel. It’s just what I needed in a time when I have questioned myself and what I’m doing so much. This project and working with Need in Deed has been an amazing experience, and I have been blessed to have had your constant support.
The 2014-2015 school year marked the 10th Anniversary of our Teacher Network, and over the years, NID has had the privilege of working with scores of outstanding educators. If you are:
- a 3rd – 8th grade teacher in a Philadelphia District or Charter School,
- who believes in each student’s capacity to learn and excel,
- who wants to incorporate students’ voices and experiences into curriculum,
- who wants to connect your classroom with the community, and
- who enjoys collaborating with likeminded teachers
… then the Network might just be for you. Don’t wait another school year to find out.
NID is currently accepting applications to join the Teacher Network for the 2015-2016 school year. If you would like to learn more or apply, just click here.